Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Hi, I'm Lu........Welcome to my Bible Knowledge Base Blog

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge;
Fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Proverbs 1:7)

Merriam-Webster's dictionary defines knowledge as:
"the fact or condition of knowing something with familiarity
gained through experience or association"

We are G*d's children, both Jews and gentiles. Ephesians 2:14 says "For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups [Jews & gentiles] into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall". In Ephesians 1:5 Paul wrote "He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will". Meaning G*d intended the Jews' rejection of Jesus Christ as the Messiah on His first appearance on the earth to be a blessing to the rest of the world, so that none would perish.....because what man means for evil, God can turn to good [paraphrase of Gensis 50:20].....this is one of my top 5 favorite verses.

Through and in G*d's word we associate with Him and thus we gain knowledge of Him. In Exodus 33:13 Moses prayed "let me know Your ways that I may know You, so that I may find favor in Your sight ". I seek to know G*d.

He is infinite, so my study of His Word will never be complete. I like that! In my mind, there's nothing less satisfying that finishing what you started, then you must say to yourself "now what?!?". Perhaps that is why I have so many unfinished projects around the house. :o)

I'll tell you a little about myself. Lu's my name, Bible study is definitely my game! It all started on 5/5/5. I though "I should read through the Bible at least once in my life. That would, I thought, be something to boast about, that I had read it all the way through once."

In my study Bible that started me on 1 Chronicles chapters 27-29. Immediately I thought the Old Testament would be a very boring read full of "begats" and "thous" and "shalts" but one I would basically have to suffer through if I were to be able to say I read the Bible from cover to cover. Soon it turned into a deep, constant abiding, passion for G*d's Word, for His Son Jesus, and His people, Israel.

There is NOTHING the Bible doesn't teach about. Every time I read I learn more, and it often takes me in different directions, so that I have to start making notes to keep it all straight. It's awesome, and this is what I hope to share here.

FYI........No, my name isn't really Ariel Luria. I chose this 'nom de plume' for a couple of reasons. Ariel is Hebrew for "lion of G*d". And I got the idea from my foremost Bible teacher, Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum. His URL is www.ariel.com. I'm also a big X-Files fan and I remembered a character in a very good episode named "Kaddish" in season 4 - wherein the female protagonist's name was Ariel Luria. (The female version of this name is actually "Arielle", but that is not how it was on the TV show - and I'm a stickler for detail). ("Kaddish"is the prayer recited by a mourner for eleven months, after the loss of a loved one. The purpose of reciting the Kaddish is to accrue merit for the Departed Soul. It is interesting to note that in the Kaddish, there is not a word about death; it is entirely a recital of the greatness and holiness of God.)

So there you go. You can call me LU.

I pray this blog will be of intellectual and spiritual interest and a blessing to all who read. May it spark in all who read the love for the Scriptures it has in me, and those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment