Saturday, September 3, 2011

Can You Lose Your Salvation?

Salvation can never be lost!!!!!! If truly saved (and only God knows their heart for sure, so I continue to pray for some who say they are but do not live it) they won't suffer God's wrath. They may lose out on rewards in heaven, but they will not go to hell. Scripture's clear about that and I think all the Scripture has been quoted above.

A true Christian cannot bear to continue living in sin, but some will remain immature and in "milk" all their lives. Notice they are still saved, (below), since Paul refers to them as "brethren". They are carnal Christians ("fleshly")

1 Cor 3:1-3
1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual men, but as to men of flesh, as to infants in Christ. 2 I gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able, 3 for you are still fleshly. For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly, and are you not walking like mere men?



In John 10 Jesus tells us:


7 So Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. 11 “I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. 12 He who is a hired hand, and not a shepherd, who is not the owner of the sheep, sees the wolf coming, and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. 13 He flees because he is a hired hand and is not concerned about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, 15 even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd. 17 For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. 18 No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father.”


V. 25-29 (Jesus speaking to the Pharisees):
25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father’s name, these testify of Me. 26 But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”


In Ephesians 4:30 Paul said "and grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, WHEREBY YE ARE SEALED UNTO THE DAY OF REDEMPTION." when you got saved you were sealed, so how do we grieve the spirit of God, we do this when we sin. You can not lose your salvation but you can grieve the Holy Spirit. What happens when we sin after we except Jesus Christ????? read Hebrews 12:1-11. Other Scripture concerning salvation is found in 
Romans 8:9-17
1 John 5:10-12
Ephesians 2:8-9
Romans 6:1-14


NOTE: I personally keep ANY preacher on a short list and measure EVERY word against the word of God, which is what you did by posting here as well. ALWAYS go to the Word to verify and if that person/pastor/teacher is NOT teaching Truth, GET AWAY from them! I got out of a Church this year which I was uncomfortable in, then they invited a charlatan and it was sayonara for me!!!!!!!! Those of us who had discernment to leave are in a home fellowship now. Stay away from anyone who is teaching against God's Word. Paul HIMSELF said in Galatians 1:8 "But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!" In the Greek accursed is "anathema" points to something having been offered to a false god, in other words, have nothing to do with it!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment