Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Psalm 73: 21-26

I've been remiss in my blogging since my mother had surgery. Life just gets crazy during the summer for me. I can't ever put my finger on the WHY of it........except much of my time seems to be spent pulling weeds ;o). But I actually love it, it helps me get all the tension out of my system. I consider it the equivalent of a punching bag workout. It works for me!

I’ve been stressed, and thus going through a rough patch, but praise God and His awesome Providence, I was led to start re-reading through my Bible in a year program and lo and behold it took me to the Book of Ecclesiastes……Solomon TRULY was the wisest man who ever lived! I wish I could memorize the entire book.

Another passage which seems to have Providentially been on my day’s reading just when I needed it most was Ps. 73:21-26. I memorized it in minutes! Mind you, I have trouble memorizing even ONE verse in days, much less 7 verses in mere minutes! I’d like to share it here (below in NASB):

21 When my heart was embittered
And I was pierced within,

22 Then I was senseless and ignorant;
I was like a beast before You.

23 Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You have taken hold of my right hand.

24 With Your counsel You will guide me,
And afterward receive me to glory.

25 Whom have I in heaven but You?
And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.

26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

This said SO much to me! I could scarcely put it into words! I would do it little justice if I even attempted! May it bless you as much as it did me1

No comments:

Post a Comment