Monday, August 25, 2008

A Life Out of Control

My life is out of control......it's not as dire as it sounds, it is a blessing! I am blessed because God is in control. When I look back and ponder His providence - and knowing my own heart, with by the help of the Holy Spirit I can see the possibilities of how the script of my life might have been different. I see only emptiness which would have filled my heart and helplessness to fill my life had I not given my heart to Jesus on that fateful day of Septermber 29th, 1985.

Proverbs 16:9 tells us that "The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.". That's pretty awesome when you think about it. Think of a small child who without the guidance of a more knowing caretaker would simply walk out into the highway into traffic! THAT is what our lives are like without the direction of the Lord. We can't fathom the dangers in our path nor would we understand it should we require an explanation from God! We could understand His perfect will no better than that small child would understand if someone explained the laws of physics, velocity, etc.

Equally, we until we give the Lord the reigns in our heart and life we no idea how much better life can be!
1 Corinthians 2:9 says:"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard," nor has it entered into the heart of man, "the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." About this passage Matthew Henry concluded and penned better than I ever could: "There are things God hath prepared for those that love him, and wait for him, which sense cannot discover, no teaching can convey to our ears, nor can it yet enter our hearts. We must take them as they stand in the Scriptures, as God hath been pleased to reveal them to us."

I can't wait for that awesome day of discovery! Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment